Just about everyone today has budget concerns and is looking for ways to save money. This is especially true where local or long-distance relocations are concerned. It’s no secret that moving can be expensive and hiring a moving company may not be within your budget. That being said, one of the first things you’ll need to do is decide between a DIY move and renting a moving truck or hiring professional movers like the Handy Haulers Moving Company.
What factors should you consider before making your decision?
In order to make a well-informed decision between a DIY move and hiring a moving company, you’ll want to consider the advantages and disadvantages of each one. The cost of hiring professionals versus a DIY move, moving skills, and time involved with each are important factors to consider:
- Advantages and disadvantages of hiring professional movers – when it comes to long-distance or specialty moves, the Handy Haulers Moving Company offers a great deal of convenience and an extensive line of moving services. However, it does come at a price, although we are one of the most affordable moving services in the city of Portland.
Most importantly, we understand that it’s difficult for you to trust complete strangers with your furniture and personal belongings. But on the other hand, we do all the heavy lifting which makes things more efficient and less stressful for you and offer an extensive range of moving services to choose from.
- Advantages and disadvantages of a DIY move – while you do save money with a DIY move, it involves more effort and planning. DIY moves are ideal for individuals who are moving on a tight budget and want to be in total control of their relocation efforts. On the other hand, you’ll be depending on whoever you can round up (e.g., family and friends) to help with all the heavy lifting whereas the Handy Haulers Moving Company provides all the help required and does all the heavy lifting.
The bottom line is that the decision is ultimately yours and there’s no definite answer as to which type of moving venue is the better choice since both have their pros and cons. Each move is different and so are the individuals. That is one of the reasons that we offer a wide range of services to suit each relocation requirement. Whether you pick a specific service or opt for a full service move, we are here for your assistance.
How do you choose the best moving truck rental company in Portland?
When choosing the best moving truck rental companies in Portland, the cheapest rental isn’t always the best idea. Remember the saying “You get what you pay for?” This is definitely the case when it comes to moving truck rentals. Here are a few tips to consider when trying choosing the best moving truck rental in Portland:
- Ask people you know and trust such as other family members and friends – when it comes to referrals, bad reviews get around a lot faster than good ones. Ask these individuals if they have any experience with truck rental companies and which one, they might recommend.
- Look for local truck rental agencies – getting a referral to a company that isn’t in your local area won’t be helpful. Search online or check your local Yellow Pages and then start comparing companies.
- Make a list of 8 to 10 companies and research each one – start calling each company for information and a quote. This will immediately give you an idea of how they treat their customers and how professional they are.
- Research your final choices some more – once you’ve narrowed down your list to 3 or 4 companies, dig a little deeper and see if they’re registered with the BBB. Check to see how they handled complaints against them. Did they respond quickly and take care of the problem or were their complaints ignored?
When all is said and done, finding the best moving truck rental companies in Portland is all about who provides the greatest return and value for your investment. That in itself should be the deciding factor.
How does the cost of each type of move compare?
If we use a 3-bedroom home as the example, you can expect to pay between $1,200 and $1,500 for a local move of 100 miles or less and up to $6,000 for a cross-country or long-distance move when hiring professional movers. On the other hand, you’ll spend $1,000 to $2,000 to rent a moving truck and pay for fuel when moving long-distance. The choice is yours but having a moving company assist you makes it stress-free.
For more information about our moving services, visit our website by clicking here or call us today at (833) 256-7182.