Whether you’re moving locally or long-distance, the Handy Haulers Moving Company has the equipment, resources, and services to ensure you have a smooth transition to your new location. Our team of professional Forest Grove local and long-distance movers have years of combined experience and expertise when moving across town, across the state, or across the country are concerned. We understand that moving can be stressful, no matter the distance and time involved. Why not let us shoulder your burden so you have little or no stress and far less to worry about.
What’s your best option – a DIY move or hiring professional movers?
One of the dilemmas that many individuals face when moving locally or long-distance is trying to decide between doing the move themselves and hiring a moving company. We are sure those are the very thoughts you must be having. However, the choice between DIY moves and hiring professional Forest Grove local and long-distance movers depends on several factors including:
- availability of help
- complexity and difficulty of the move
- distance to your new home
- personal preferences
- your budget
- your physical capabilities
At the Handy Haulers Moving Company, we can understand how trying to decide between the two options has you feeling overwhelmed already. It is a tough decision to make as your financials are involved. If you are trying to weight out the pros and cons, we’d like to help you take the right decision.
We recommend you look at the following advantages and disadvantages of both options before making your final decision:
- DIY move advantages – you have total control of the move, you can pack your items the however you want, and you might save some money in the process.
- DIY move disadvantages – coordinating a DIY move requires a lot of planning, some unexpected problems could arise that you’re not prepared for, and worst of all, you have to do all the heavy lifting.
- Hiring movers’ advantages – it’s less stressful overall, it’s quicker and more efficient, and best of all, the movers do all the heavy lifting. It gives you the flexibility to focus on other aspects of your life.
- Hiring movers’ disadvantages – it’s more expensive and you have less control over the moving process.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to each side of the equation. Ultimately, the decision between DIY moves and hiring professional Forest Grove local and long-distance movers rests on your shoulders. We can just say that
Why should you hire a full-service moving company?
If you do decide to hire professional movers, a full-service moving company like the Handy Haulers Moving Company will provide the greatest return and value for the money invested. Unlike some moving companies that only provide the very basic services, a full-service moving company an extensive range of services that include:
- providing all packing materials as well as furniture blankets and padding
- disassembling and reassembling
- help with the packing and unpacking
- loading and unloading the truck
- disposing of all debris and packing material
In addition to the above, there are a number of other ways that hiring full-service Forest Grove local and long-distance movers can be very beneficial such as:
- alleviates most of your stress and worry
- eliminates the risk of injury to you and your family
- saves you time and maybe money in the long run
- you have different insurance coverage options to choose from
The Handy Haulers Moving Company will help with the logistics and planning so your move goes as smoothly as possible. When you hire our company to assist with your local or long-distance move, you’ll be hiring a trustworthy moving partner that will be with you every step of the way until you’re settled in your new home.
How much does it cost to hire professional movers?
Moving companies take several factors into consideration when calculating the cost of a local or long-distance move. However, there are differences in the ways that each type of move is calculated. For example, some moving companies charge by the hour for local moves. On the other hand, long-distance moves are usually based on distance and size of the move.
Taking historical data, national cost averages, and size of the home into consideration, a local move can cost between $700 for a 1-bedrolom home and $5,000 for a 4 to 5-bedroom home. Based on those same three factors, a long-distance move could cost anywhere from $3,500 for a 1-bedroom up to $8,500 or more for a 4 to 5-bedroom home. Keep in mind that these are averages and that the cost of your move could vary.
For more information about our Forest Grove local and long-distance movers, contact the Handy Haulers Moving Company at your earliest convenience. We’re here to assist you with your move.