The Tualatin local and long-distance movers of the Handy Haulers Moving Company knows that any home or office relocation can be one of the most stressful experiences of a lifetime. However, with our years of industry experience and expertise, we can customize a moving plan that is tailored to your specific needs. You’ll quickly discover that when you have the right team of professional movers helping with your relocation, you’ll have less stress and a more pleasant experience when the job is done.
What should you look for when hiring a moving company?
There is so much to think about when planning and preparing for a move that it can be overwhelming. You’ll be figuring out the logistics of your move, gathering moving and packing materials, and much more. So, if you’ve decided against a DIY move and plan on hiring a moving company for your upcoming move, there are certain qualities to look for as follows:
- Get recommendations from family members, friends, and other people you trust.
- Take the time to read online reviews, even the negative ones (companies like the Handy Haulers Moving Company use negative reviews to help them improve the service provided by their Tualatin local and long-distance movers team).
- Look for a company that has been in business several years and has a successful track record.
- Make sure that they are bonded, insured, and licensed for the type of move you’re hiring them for. For instance, interstate movers must be registered with the Department of Transportation and be insured.
- Think about your specific relocation needs so you ask the right questions and find a moving company that can accommodate those needs.
- Most importantly, watch out for moving scams and rogue movers. Unfortunately, the moving industry is not immune to these kinds of activities.
You’re going to find out that the moving industry is highly competitive. No matter where you currently live in the greater Portland area, you’re going to be confronted by plenty of choices where moving companies are concerned. We know that it is difficult to take a decision when everyone claims to be the best moving service. However, if you just do plenty of research and make thorough comparisons before making your decision. Make sure you work with a licensed and insured moving company, like ours.
What can you expect a full-service moving company to do?
Unlike regular moving companies that only provide the basic relocation services, the Handy Haulers Moving Company team of Tualatin local and long-distance movers handle everything associated with your move. Whether you’re moving across town or across the country, a full-service moving company provides the greatest return and value for the money invested. Our team is quick to respond, on-time and efficiently gets on with the task. Here is what you can expect when hiring our moving team for the job:
- WE supply moving boxes, bubble wrap, wrapping paper, and packing tape as well as furniture blankets and padding.
- WE disassemble all large furniture pieces when required and then reassemble them at your new home.
- WE help you pack up all your belongings and then help you unpack everything at your new home.
- WE do all the heavy lifting when loading our moving truck and then do all the unloading once we arrive at your new home.
- WE transport all your furniture and belongings whether it’s across town, across the state, or across the country.
- WE even help dispose of all used packing materials and moving debris.
Like we said above, if it has anything to do with your move, the Handy Haulers Moving Company will see that it gets done quickly and efficiently. All you need to do is let us know if you need partial assistance or full-services for your move.
What is the average cost of professional moving services?
Depending on the size of the move, it can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,500 for a local move of 50 miles or less. Long-distance moves average between $2,500 and $5,000 based on how much you have to move and the total distance involved. If it’s a coast-to-coast or cross-country move, you should anticipate the cost being significantly higher. Here are some average costs based on distance of the move and home size:
|1 bedroom||2 to 3 bedrooms||4 to 5 bedrooms|
|50 miles or less||$250 to $675||$700 to $1,400||$1,100 to $5,000|
|250 miles||$800 to $2,300||$1,400 to $4,000||$2,000 to $4,800|
|1,000+ miles||$1,000 to $3,000||$2,000 to $7,500||$5,000 to $8,000|
|2,500+ miles||$1,300 to $4,000||$3,500 to $8,000||$8,500+|
For more information regarding the services provided by our Tualatin local and long-distance movers, call the Handy Haulers Moving Companyat (833) 256-7182 or visit our website today.