At Handy Haulers Moving Company, our goal is a simple one; provide the customer with the highest quality moving services and ensure their satisfaction in the process. No matter what type of move you need professional help with, our moving and relocation specialists are extremely careful and handle your belongings in meticulous fashion. As industry leaders, our moving teams have been skillfully trained in all facets of local and long-distance moves. Not only are we one of the highest rated moving companies in the Pacific Northwest, we offer some of the most competitive rates in our industry.
What are the different categories of moves?
Moves are classified into one of 3 categories – local, intrastate, and interstate. Although you may think the classification of your relocation is based solely on the size of your move, there are several factors involved when calculating the cost. Whether you are looking for Portland movers by the hour or by project, understanding the type of move you are making will help plan and prepare better when contacting Handy Haulers Moving Company. Here is a breakdown of the 3 categories:
- Local moves – in most cases, any move of 50 miles or less is classified as a local move, although some moving companies may set the distance limit for a local move at 100 miles. These are the most common types of moves that we handle.
- Intrastate moves – any move that takes place in the same state but exceeds 50 miles in distance is considered an intrastate move. For example, a move from Medford to Portland would be considered an intrastate move.
- Interstate moves – if a move involves crossing one or more state lines, it’s considered an interstate move. Unlike local and intrastate moves that are usually charged on as a flat-rate or by the hour, interstate Handy Haulers Moving Company takes the distance of the move, the weight of your household belongings, and other factors into account when estimating the cost of your move.
Knowing the difference between these 3 types of moves is crucial when moving. If you are still debating about taking the first step, we are here to help you. The difference in cost between these 3 moves can be substantial (see below).
What factors influence the cost of moving?
We can help you plan and prepare for any of the moves listed above no matter how complex and difficult it may be. So, it’s important to be aware of the factors that often influence the cost of moving. Keeping this in mind, the following will give you a better idea of how each type of move is calculated:
- The cost of a local move is based on the rate of Portland movers by the hour. This is typically the estimated amount of time (i.e., number of hours) it takes to complete the move multiplied by the hourly rate that they charge for a local move.
- Intrastate moves are based on a flat-rate dollar amount. In many instances, the flat-rate charged for Portland movers by the hour will include the cost of additional or add-on services as well.
- Interstate or long-distance moves are calculated based on a number of different factors including but not limited to:
- time of year
- distance of the move
- shipment weight based on size of the move
- moving services requested
- number of movers needed
Being aware of these factors will enable you to budget better for you move with Handy Haulers Moving Company and help you avoid any unpleasant financial surprises on moving day. If you have questions or doubts, talk to us today. Our experts are available to answer your queries and will help you at every step of the way to make your relocation easy.
So how much will moving actually cost?
Given the factors and types of moves listed above, it could cost from $300 up to $1,500 to hire professional movers for a local move. When hiring Portland movers by the hour, the amount you pay will most likely depend on the amount of labor needed and the size of the move. Conversely, an interstate or long-distance move can cost between $2,400 and $5,000 based on the distance and the weight of your belongings. Coast-to-coast or cross-country moves will cost significantly more than moving to an adjacent state or two or three state away. Needless to say, estimating the cost of a move can be challenging.
However, if you are looking for a FREE quote, we’d be glad to do it. For more information regarding charges for Portland movers by the hour, call Handy Haulers Moving Company at (833) 256-7182 or visit our website today. Call us today!